6.12.2008

Two Weeks Down in the Records

Hello everyone, I have successfully made it two weeks (so have mommy and daddy) and I’m doing great! The weather hasn’t been the greatest (my little heart goes out to all the people affected by the flooding down south) last week so mommy and I haven’t been able to take as many walks as I would have liked, but it has allowed me to follow the Brewers play by play with daddy. Boy, the Brewers are a frustrating team to watch! Daddy and I believe Ned Yost is the worse manager in baseball and could cost them a pennant. Mommy gets mad at us when we start yelling at the TV, so for everyone’s sake I hope they fire Yost soon and get more consistent.

My big excitement for the week was that I had my first play date with my buddy Cullen. We didn’t do a whole lot except for a lot of farting and burping, but we have started to discuss the future trouble we are going to get into. Mommy and Lisa thought we were just lying down and napping, but we are one step ahead of our mommy’s!

My Grandma and Grandpa Vogel and Auntie Heather came here to visit me and it was nice to finally meet them. Grandpa was a little rusty at holding a little person like me so I cried when he initially held me but he eventually got better over the weekend and I was able to sleep in his arms. We weren’t able to do much due to the rain, however, Daddy and Grandpa went golfing on Saturday morning and they wanted to take me, but Mommy wouldn’t let me so I was a little bummed. It started pouring rain on hole number 6 though, so it was good I wasn’t with them. I guess Mommy knows best. Mommy says she is just looking out for me and I know she loves me a lot since when I lost my umbilical cord this week she got very emotional and was equally sad when she left me for the first time to run to the store. She is a great Mommy and is doing a wonderful job taking care of me!

Since my Mommy and Daddy have been so good to me, I decided to start sleeping at 6+ hours at a time at night. This has made them very happy, especially Daddy, since he gets a little cranky if he has to go to work tired. He is happy to no longer have to sleep on the bathroom floor (bath tub running) with me. Despite me being such an Angel, my Grandma Churness has come and stayed with us all week to help around the house. Daddy is trying to get her to quit her teaching job to be our Nanny but Daddy is unwilling to pay her enough. My Daddy can be a little tight with money, so I don’t know if they will come to terms :(

It has been a great two weeks, and thanks again for all the gifts and the being such great friends to me and my Mommy and Daddy. I’m pretty excited about this weekend since I will be going to my first Loggers game and my first Wedding. I think I’m going to be pretty exhausted by Sunday! I will report next week on how it goes and if I will be allowed to go to other events like this in the future :)

Love, Baby Jack

No comments: