7.07.2008

I'm Getting SOOOO BIG!

Hello everyone! Sorry it has been nearly two weeks since my last blog, but we have been very busy as we approach me being 6 weeks old. I have grown a lot over the last two weeks, and I’m now tipping the scales at over 11 lbs! I love to eat:) I have become quite the social butterfly, attending many events and parties over the last two weeks. My parent’s good friends, Brian & Andrea, had their annual Fukuda Freedom Festival two weekends ago, so we got an early start on our 4th of July celebrating. I got my first experience socializing & mingling with a crowd and trying to find dad some business. Although I didn’t get daddy any new business, he said it was good that I made some new contacts. I met my new buddy Maxx, hopefully he will be a fellow trouble maker with me down the road:) Everyone at the party was very nice and it is true what mommy & daddy say, they have great friends. The only bummer about the night was that mom & dad gave me an early curfew, so I couldn’t stay at the party as long as I would’ve liked. Luckily cousin Jenny was here visiting from the Twin Cities, so she took me home in time for my curfew, and was my first official babysitter. I figured it was time mommy and daddy had a night out on their own. I guess mommy was really looking forward to having a night out (don’t know what that really means) since it had been over 10 months. They had fun, but they missed me, and I missed them too. The next day Jenny’s husband, Chris, came to visit us too & I got to ride on my first motorcycle! It was fancy, but mommy said it might be the first and last time since she worries so much about me. All in all it was a great weekend, thank you Jenny for taking such good care of me as my first babysitter!

Last week, I also got to meet my auntie Penni and cousin Nicky. They stayed with us on their way to Mayo Clinic in Rochester. It was nice to finally meet them. (We are praying for Penni each day and hope she continues to get better.) They were my second babysitters, allowing mommy and daddy the opportunity to go on a date, which I guess they are going to do once a week, so if you are interested in babysitting me let my mommy and daddy know. Just remember my daddy is cheap, so don’t expect to get paid much, but I will give you a smile :)

Last week ended with me going to my first softball game to watch my daddy, who temporarily came out of retirement to help the Monkey’s. There was a foul ball that was hit close to me and I would have caught it but my mommy forgot my glove :( After watching daddy play (who somehow managed to find his way on base several times) I now know why mommy wasn’t very happy to hear he wanted to play again; he could barely move during and after the game due to his sore back. I just hope he doesn’t play anymore and get more seriously hurt, since I really want him to play ball with me when I get bigger.

For my first 4th of July, we went to our parents other good friends, Randy & Kelly’s downtown roof top to watch the fireworks. It was pretty neat, and got to meet Heavy D (Drew), who is a year and a half older than me, and could be another fellow trouble maker down the road :) In my short lifetime I have seen fireworks three times now, and they don’t scare me a bit. Also to celebrate the 4th, we went to Riverfest & I helped daddy sell raffle tickets for the Children’s Museum. People had a hard time saying no to me; in fact I was so good they put me the TV-19 news that night. Mommy is now a little concerned about the paparazzi following me, but I told her not to worry since I won’t let the fame change me.

The last thing I should fill you in on, to get everyone up to speed, is that I had tears when I cried for the first time yesterday. Mommy got sad, but I told her it is a sign that I’m getting bigger. For some reason my mommy wants me to stay a little baby forever but daddy has other plans?? He thinks I’m going to be playing for the Brewers by the time I’m 13! He may be bit of a dreamer, but we love watching the Brewer games together and we hope that they can keep their momentum going. I am also happy to report that I heard mommy say the other day that she feels like she's back to her normal self again. She went throught a lot to bring me into this world and I appreciate everything she's done for me! Well, it is time for me to start the cycle over: eat, poop, sleep, pee, play for a bit, repeat, so I better get going for now!

Love, Baby Jack

P.S. I’m working on thank you's for all the nice gifts I have received so they should be done soon….I guess I may have some of my mom’s slow genes

1 comment:

artsygirl said...

Cute cute cute! And Kari, I'm glad that you are starting to feel a little more back to yourself again! Can't wait to see you all again!