A baby's first little laughs and giggles are just so precious and Stella has been gracing us with hers for the past couple of weeks now. She's already ticklish and has the best little giggle, in the mornings when I'm getting her dressed she's full of big grins. She's really mellowed out and gotten out of her newborn haze, and her personality is starting to emerge more and more. She hit 3 months old last week, which unfortunately coincides with me returning to work. I was thrilled to be the first to witness her first laugh the day before I returned to work, as this would assure me I had indeed been the first to hear it. Stella also, miraculously, started sleeping through the night(8+ hours straight!) the night before my first day back and has been keeping it up for two weeks now. I had a very difficult time leaving Jack as a baby and returning to work, so I was prepared for the worst this time around, but to my surprise it hasn't been so bad. There's even a part of me that feels good to be back in the workforce again. I have cut back in my hours since Jack was a baby which I'm sure is a big part of it, what also helps is having a trusted care-giver that has been taking care of Jack for two years now, and lastly I think I'm a lot more laid back about everything the second time around. Anyhow, whatever the reason, I'll take it and hopefully we will continue to find the right balance as a family. It is a hectic time in our lives with me being back at work, Dennis' bank being busy as always, building our new house and house showings to try and sell our current place (never try to stage your house with a new baby and a two year old, Never!) When it's all said and done though, as long as we've got the sound of two beautiful children's laughter in our home we'll be doin' alright :)

because why wouldn't you want to play matchbox cars in your diaper in a laundry basket

cutie pie

good big brother

Stella could stare at this toy parrot for hours, she just loves it

very proud of his "BIG block tower"
No comments:
Post a Comment