12.20.2009

Here Comes Santa Claus

A note from Jack-

My second Christmas is fast approaching and I am getting excited even though I don’t remember much from last year, so I really don’t know what to expect. I love checking out all the presents under the tree. I have been a good boy & have not been touching the tree or ornaments, but rather I just point and say “pretty" or “cool.” I absolutely love driving around at night now and seeing all the Christmas lights, you will hear lots of “ooohs” and “wows!” if you take a ride with me! I went to meet Santa for the first time and unfortunately it didn’t go to well, he said he wouldn’t bring me any cars for Christmas (I don’t go anywhere without a car in my hand) so I got very upset:( Despite this, I still think St. Nick is pretty cool and I like to say “ho ho ho” every time I see him. I’m glad that we got plenty of snow so he will be able to get here alright on Christmas. The snow has proven challenging to play in though & it doesn’t help that I refuse to wear my mittens (my mommy gets very upset with me when I take them off), and I find sweaters and snow suits cumbersome – they just restrict my ability to play too much!

In some non-holiday related news, I have made great developments with my language abilities this past month and have also been doing some research on how to be a great big brother! In case you haven’t heard, I’m going to have a little brother or sister come June - I’m so excited :) I do realize that I will have to share a lot more once my sibling arrives, so I’m going to really enjoy this Christmas as my last being the spoiled only grandchild. I know that I’m lucky to have such great parents and grandparents and I’m very thankful for them and for all the gifts. There are a lot of kids that don’t have either this holiday season, so please do whatever you can to help these kids.

I hope everyone has a magical holiday season filled with peace and family & safe travels to all! (The one thing I do remember from last year was our trip home - it wasn’t fancy so we hope it is much better this year!) Merry Christmas everyone!

Love, Jack

P.S. I taught Daddy how to shake it & everything he knows about dancing :)

No comments: